Welcome to the IODA's second Scientific Symposium
Time & Location
About the Event
The Iranian Ontario Dental Association (IODA) invites all its members and community at large to attend our second Educational Symposium, to be held virtually on December 5, 2021.
- 9:00 AM-9:15 AM: Introduction and opening
- 9:15 AM-10:30 AM: First keynote lecture
"Immediate implant placement and provisionalization in the aesthetic zone" by Professor David Chvartszaid, D.D.S., M.Sc. (Prostho), M.Sc. (Perio), F.R.C.D. (C), Prosthodontist and Periodontist, Program director of the Advanced Specialty Education Program in Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto
- 10:30AM-11:00AM: Break
Note: Session 2 (11:00 AM -12:45 PM) is limited to the IODA Gold members who are licensed to practice in Ontario. Only these members are eligible to attend and vote at the AGM
- 11:00AM-11:30 AM: AGM Report – Start of Election
- 11:30AM-12:45 PM: Second keynote lecture
"Management of teeth with vital/ necrotic pulps and open apices" by Keynote speaker, Professor Mike Sabeti, Periodontist, Endodontist, Program director of the Advanced Specialty Education Program in Endodontics, the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry (note: election is running concurrently)
- 12:45 PM: Announce the Election Results - End of AGM
- 12:45 PM-1:45 PM: Lunch Break
- 1:45 PM-4:45 PM: 3 hrs Core 1 course
"Changing times...Changing needs" by the Staff of the Professional Liability Program (PLP) of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario: Mr. Alan Lachapelle and Dr. Peter Hong
- 4:45 PM-5:00 PM: Final address
Please note the followings
- You need to register in Zoom (three registration) in order to attend these three sessions. Please click on each session for more information on how to register
- It will take a few days until we can confirm your registration. We will send you the confirmation email.
- The registration will close on Dec 4, 2021 at 12 pm and unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate late requests.
- To satisfy the RCDSO’s requirement for granting the certificate of attendance, please note the followings:
- Only the registered members can attend the symposium.
- Fifteen minutes after the course starts, we will lock the meeting to prevent anyone new from joining the meeting. If you are late for the session you will not be admitted.
- During the session and to record your attendance, we will be sending polls every 30 minutes that you need to respond to. If you miss more than one poll, you will not be granted the certificate of attendance for that session.
- You need to complete an online assessment at the end of the Core 1 session in order to receive your certificate.
Thank you and we are looking forward to seeing you at this event
IODA Education Committee