Welcome to the IODA 2nd Scientific Symposium
Time & Location
About the Event
The Iranian Ontario Dental Association (IODA) invites all its members and community at large to attend our second Educational Symposium, to be held virtually on December 5, 2021.
- 9:00 AM-9:15 AM: Introduction and opening
- 9:15AM-10:30AM: "Immediate implant placement and provisionalization in the aesthetic zone" by Keynote speaker Professor David Chvartszaid, D.D.S., M.Sc. (Prostho), M.Sc. (Perio), F.R.C.D. (C), Prosthodontist and Periodontist, Program director of the Advanced Specialty Education Program in Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto
- 10:30AM-11:00AM: Break
Annual Geenral Meeting, Election of Directors and the Keynote speaker
Note: this session is limited to only "Gold members"
- 11:00AM-11:30AM: AGM Report – Start of Election
- 11:30AM-12:45 PM: "Management of teeth with vital/ necrotic pulps and open apices" by Keynote speaker, Professor Mike Sabeti, Periodontist, Endodontist, Program director of the Advanced Specialty Education Program in Endodontics, the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry (note: election is running concurrently)
- 12:45pm: Announce the Election Results - End of AGM
- 12:45PM-13:45PM: Lunch Break
- 13:45-16:45 PM– 3 hrs Core 1 "Changing times...Changing needs" by the Professional Liability Program of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
- 16:45-17:00 final address
Please note the followings
- You need to register in Zoom in order to attend these sessions
- It will take a few days until we can confirm your registration. We will send you the confirmation email.
- The registration will close on Dec 4, 2021 at 12 pm and unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate late requests.
- If you cancel your registration by Dec 1, 2021, there will be a full refund minus $10.00 administration fee. There is no refund for those that would not attend the meeting, or request to cancel after Dec 1, 2021.
To satisfy the RCDSO’s requirement for granting the certificate of attendance, please note the followings:
- Only the registered members can attend the symposium.
- Fifteen minutes after the course starts, we will lock the meeting to prevent anyone new from joining the meeting. If you are late for the session you will not be admitted.
- During the session and to record your attendance, we will be sending polls every 30 minutes that you need to respond to. If you miss more than one poll, you will not be granted the certificate of attendance for that session.
- You need to complete an online assessment at the end of the Core 1 session in order to receive your certificate.
Thank you and we are looking forward to seeing you at this event
IODA Education Committee