Wed, Oct 14|
Pre and Post-Surgical Prosthetic Management of Patients with Mandibular or Maxillary Defect
Sponsored By West Vinci Design & Build
Time & Location
Oct 14, 2020, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EDT
About the Event
Date & Time: Oct 14, 2020 6pm - 8pm
Seminar Title: Pre and Post-Surgical Prosthetic Management of Patients with Mandibular or Maxillary Defect
Speaker: Dr. Ali Khadivi DDS, Pros FRCD(C)
CE Points: 2-hour category 2, limited to IODA Gold and paid Silver members only. If you are not a member or wish to upgrade your membership, please click HERE
- Free for IODA Gold members with CE certificate
- Free for IODA silver members without CE certificate
- $20 for IODA silver members with CE certificate (Please click HERE to pay for registration)
**Registration: Please click HERE to register for this event.**
Description: This lecture aims to provide the participants with an overall knowledge of the key components of speech and how it affects the dento-alveolar components in patients with oral-facial defects. Different types of obturator designs and their indications/limitations will be discussed. A review of the mandibulectomy procedure and prosthetic management will follow.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion, participants will be able to:
1. Identify speech components and its relevance to oral-facial prosthodontics/prosthetics.
2. Identify the purpose, indications, designs, and phases for a maxillary obturator.
3. Identify the methods of making records for patients with maxillary defects.
4. Identify the different types of mandibulectomies and the associated reconstructive and prosthodontic rehabilitation approaches for each.
5. Develop a full workup of a surgical splint prosthesis that is used for tissue management, post implant placement in a patient who underwent a segmental mandibulectomy.
Speaker Bio: Dr. Khadivi received his undergraduate Bachelor of Medical Science with honours in Physiology from the University of Western Ontario. He then attended the University of Toronto’s Dental school to complete his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree while making the Deans' Honour List every year. Upon graduation, he entered the dental field practicing all aspects of dentistry. During these years he realized his passion for implant and cosmetic dentistry. This new-found drive allowed him to return back to school for the completion of his specialty degree in the field of Prosthodontics. During this time he successfully completed numerous cases ranging from single to full mouth dental implant surgeries as well as full mouth cosmetic and functional rehabilitation. His exceptional skills and work ethics promoted him to the chief of his program at the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Dental Medicine. Upon successful completion of his speciality program, he then attended the world-renown MD Anderson Cancer Centres to complete a dual fellowship in Oral Maxillofacial Prosthodontics & Dental Oncology before moving back to his hometown of Toronto, Ontario.
How to Register:
- Please click HERE to register for this event.
- It will take few days until we can approve your registration and send you the confirmation email.
- Please note that registration will close on October 13, 2020 at 11 am and unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate late requests.
Please submit any questions to: email@example.com