Oral Suspicious Lesions: What Should Make Me Concerned?
Time & Location
About the Event
Date & Time: Wed., Apr 22, 2020, 6:00-6:15 pm registration and introduction, 6:15-8:15 pm, lecture
Seminar Title: Oral Suspicious Lesions: What should make me concerned?
2 CE points- Category 2
Speaker: Dr. Hagen Klieb, DDS, MSc, FRCD(C) (Oral & Maxillofacial Medicine & Pathology)
Seminar Enrollment Fee: Free for IODA Members (Gold and Silver)
Description: Oral precancerous and cancerous lesions will be reviewed with emphasis on diagnosis, and in particular, the signs and symptoms that should alert the clinician to significant pathology.
- To identify signs and symptoms that should raise concern for oral precancer/cancer.
- To review proper documentation and management strategies.
Speaker Bio: Dr. Hagen Kliebis a Certified Specialist of Oral and Maxillofacial Medicine and Pathology based in Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto. Dr. Klieb received his undergraduate training at McGill University and was awarded the Gold medal for the highest overall standing. He subsequently completed graduate and specialty studies at the University of Toronto. Dr. Klieb is a certified specialist in oral and maxillofacial medicine and pathology. He is a Member of the Royal College of Dentists of Ontario and Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. Dr. Klieb is a staff clinician at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, a University of Toronto Hospital, where he holds cross-appointments with the Departments of Dentistry and Anatomic Pathology. He is also a staff clinician at LifeLabs where he evaluates and reads biopsies. He is active in medical and dental post-graduate education and has several publications in peer-reviewed journals. He also maintains a private practice in downtown Toronto (Yorkville Toronto Dental Specialists).
To Recive Your CE Points & To Register:
In order to assign you the CE points, and in consultation with the RCDSO, we need to follow these steps:
- Please click here (https://zoom.us/meeting/register/v5Muc-yuqzIjsWFrEv-A74cqdv5KlxT8oA) now to register for the event. You will be asked to enter your Name, and email address
- Once we approve your registration (limited to IODA members), we will send you the confirmation email with the link to the zoom meeting. Please check your junk folder if you do not receive the email. Please note, this link should not be shared with others; it is unique to the registered participant and will become active at the time of the event
- Please note the meeting will be locked at 6:15 pm, and we will not be able to accommodate late admissions. Please kindly join promptly by 6:00 pm
Please also note the followings:
- To join the meeting you do not need to have a Zoom account, but you will need to download the Zoom application.
- For better experience, we recommend you run the Zoom application using your personal computer, rather than your smartphone.
- As you join, to have a more stable connection, please connect with your microphone mute and your video off.
- During the talk, we will have frequent question periods when you can unmute yourself and ask your questions. You can also send your questions during the talk using the chat feature in zoom. Our moderator will ask your questions.
Please submit any questions to: email@example.com