Sat, May 16|
2 CE category 2 Webinar via Zoom.us
Esthetic Zone Tooth supported Restorations: Ceramics, Cements, Cementation Techniques; Do’s and Don’ts!
Speaker: Dr. Bobby Baig, DDS., Cert. Prosthodontist., F.R.C.D.(C)
Time & Location
May 16, 2020, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EDT
2 CE category 2 Webinar via Zoom.us
About the Event
CE points: 2-hour category 2, limited to IODA Silver and Gold members only. If you are not a member, please join us here.
Please click here now to register for the event.
Esthetic dentistry is a delicate combination of scientific principles and artistic abilities. In recent years, advancements in treatment planning principles, case selection, preparation design, and stronger ceramics have attracted increasing attention for use in oral rehabilitation. The use of different types of cements has been proposed for luting polycrystalline (zirconia) and glass ceramics (Feldspathic porcelain and E.max, Celtra Duo and others). To achieve reliable adhesion to these ceramics, the steps involved in the surface pre-treatment offers specific challenges and must be carefully considered. The aim of this course is to critically analyze these challenges.
1. To review advancements in the properties of ceramics and their indications.
2. To critically analyze different surface pre-treatments using case-based scenarios.
3. To review the different luting types of cements available and their properties.
4. To understand the Do’s and Don’ts in surface pre-treatments of ceramics
Speaker Bio: Dr. Bobby Baig DDS., Cert. Prosthodontist., F.R.C.D.(C)
Dr. Baig received his dental degree from H.K.E.S Dental College, Gulbarga University, India in 1997. He has completed his residency at Government Dental College and Hospital in Hyderabad, India followed by an Advance Education in General Dentistry program and Graduate program in Prosthodontics at Eastman Institute for Oral Health, University of Rochester, New York, USA. Dr. Baig is a board-certified Prosthodontist in Canada and serves as an examiner for national specialty examination of Prosthodontics administered by Royal College of Dentist of Canada.
Dr. Baig is an Associate Professor, Department of Advanced Education in General Dentistry, Eastman Institute for Oral Health, University of Rochester, USA, an Associate in Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, and a Staff-Prosthodontist, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto. His private practices are at Dental Specialists Group, Woodbridge and Prosthodontic Associates, Toronto.
Dr. Baig was awarded the 2019 Part-time Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching by the University of Rochester. He has a special interest in aesthetics and implant dentistry, reconstructive fixed and removable prosthodontics, dental ceramics and smile makeover procedures. He lectures to dental study clubs and professional organizations across North America and Southeast Asia.
To Receive Your CE Points and To Register:
In order to assign you the CE points, and in consultation with the RCDSO, we need to follow these steps:
- Please click here (https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcqcuihrT8vGNVc-KS6Z__WcDJPXVnqPYwj) now to register for the event. You will be asked to enter your Name, and email address.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to the zoom meeting. Please check your junk folder if you do not receive the email. Please note, this link should not be shared with others; it is unique to the registered participant and will become active at the time of the event
- Please note the meeting will be locked at 11:15 am, and we will not be able to accommodate late admissions. Please kindly join promptly by 11:00 am
- The CE points will be granted to IODA members only. If you are not a member, please join us here: https://www.ioda.ca/membership. You can select free membership (Silver category) that will give you free access to webinars.
Please also note the followings:
- To join the meeting you do not need to have a Zoom account, but you will need to download the Zoom application.
- For better experience, we recommend you run the Zoom application using your personal computer, rather than your smartphone.
- As you join, to have a more stable connection, please connect with your microphone mute and your video off.
- During the talk, we will have frequent question periods. You can send your questions during the talk using the chat feature in zoom. Our moderators will ask your questions.
Please submit any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org