Wed, Jul 14|
webinar via Zoom.us
Esthetic Crown Lengthening: Indications, Biologic Considerations and New Surgical Procedures
By Dr. Mohammad Ketabi, DDS, MDS, Fellowship in Implantology
Time & Location
Jul 14, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EDT
webinar via Zoom.us
About the Event
**Registration: Please click HERE to register for this event.**
CE Points: 2-hour category 2, limited to IODA Gold and paid Silver members only. If you are not a member or wish to upgrade your membership, please click HERE
- Free for IODA Gold members with CE certificate
- Free for IODA silver members without CE certificate
- $20 for IODA silver members with CE certificate (Please click HERE to pay for registration)
How to Register:
- Please click HERE to register for this event.
- It will take few days until we can approve your registration and send you the confirmation email.
- Please note that registration will close on Jul 13, 2021 at 6 pm and unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate late requests.Please submit any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: The presence of a “gummy smile” can be bothersome for patients and clinicians alike. Approximately, 10% of patients have excessive gingival display when smiling with its presentation more common in women than men. When attempting to treat the “gummy smile”, one must first identify its etiology. Excessive gingival display can be a consequence of a skeletal deformity that results in vertical maxillary excess, dentoalveolar extrusion, a short or hypermobile upper lip, altered or delayed passive eruption and plaque or drug induced gingival overgrowth. In this presentation, different etiological factors of “gummy smile” and esthetic crown lengthening as a surgical procedure to correct it or to make the teeth appear longer will be discussed in details.
Learning objectives: This presentation aims to make dentist familiar with the followings:
- Definition and introduction of esthetic crown lengthening
- Indications for esthetic crown lengthening
- Types of smiles
- Ideal relationships and symmetry of contralateral anterior teeth and the harmony of gingival margins
Speaker: Dr. Mohammad Ketabi, DDS, MDS, Fellowship in Implantology obtained his DDS degree in 1991 from Isfahan University of Medical Sciences and his specialty in Periodontology from Adelaide University, Australia in 1996. He was the former Dean (1998-2008) and currently a Professor of Periodontology with the Faculty of Dentistry, Isfahan Azad University. He is also a visiting professor at the University of Toronto. He was the vice president of the Iranian Academy of Periodontology from 2016-2019. Dr. Ketabi has published more than 60 papers, presented at several periodontology and implant meetings. He has published 7 books related to periodontology and implant. His new book entitled “Immediate Molar Implantation” will be published soon by Quintessence International.