Sun, Dec 06|
Classification of Periodontal & Peri-Implant Diseases and Conditions
IODA Symposium- Featured Core 1 course by Drs. Siavash Hassanpour and Ryan Schure
Time & Location
Dec 06, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. EST
About the Event
Date & Time: December 6, 2020, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Online as part of the IODA Scientific Symposium
Seminar Title: Classification & Diagnosis of Periodontal and Peri-Implant Diseases & Conditions: New Classification System
3 CE points- Category 1
Speakers: Dr. Siavash Hassanpour, HBSc, MSc, DDS, MSc (Perio), FRCD(C) & Dr. Ryan Schure, DDS, MSc (Perio), FRCD(C)
Description: A classification scheme for periodontal and peri-implant diseases is necessary for clinicians to properly diagnose and treat patients as well as for researchers to investigate etiology, pathogenesis, natural history, and treatment of the diseases and conditions. The previous (1999) classification system has been widely utilized for the past twenty years, but since this was developed, substantial new information has emerged about these conditions and diseases. The analysis of this evidence has prompted the development of a new classification framework for periodontitis. This 3-hour lecture-based course will review the proceedings of the World Workshop on the Classification of Periodontal and Peri-implant Diseases and Conditions from 2017, where the former classification was revised and expanded. The diagnosis of gingival health, gingivitis, periodontitis, peri-implant diseases, and other conditions affecting the periodontist using the new classification system will be reviewed using cases and allowing clinicians to implement this into their practice immediately.
- Compare and contrast the new classification system to the 1999 classification system and review the major difference between the systems
- Be able to classify and diagnose: periodontal health, gingival health, gingivitis, periodontitis, peri-implant health, peri-implant mucositis, peri-implantitis, mucogingival defect, periodontal-endodontic infections and other periodontal disease
- Understand the new classification of periodontitis including the staging and grading of periodontal disease
Dr. Siavash Hassanpour, HBSc, MSc, DDS, MSc (Perio), FRCD(C): Dr. Hassanpour graduated from the University of Toronto in 2008 with a degree in Cellular and Molecular Biology (HBSc). In 2010, Dr. Hassanpour entered the Doctor of Dental Surgery program at the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto. Dr. Hassanpour entered the Periodontology Speciality program in 2014 and earned his specialty training and degree in Periodontics (MSc Perio) at the University of Toronto in 2017. Dr. Hassanpour is a licensed periodontal specialist and a board-certified periodontist. He has a practice limited to Periodontology in North York and is a part-time clinical instructor at the University of Toronto’s Graduate Periodontology Clinic. Dr. Hassanpour is currently serving as the past-president of the Toronto Central Dental Society, is an ODA general council member and is an executive on the Ontario Society of Periodontology.
Dr. Ryan Schure, DDS, MSc (Perio), FRCD(C): Dr. Ryan Schure earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Toronto in 2010. He went on to complete his Master of Science degree with advanced training in periodontology and implant surgery at the University of Toronto. His research on the relationships between cardiovascular diseases and periodontal diseases has been published and presented at international meetings. Dr. Schure is a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. He is currently on the executive of the North Toronto Dental Society and Alpha Omega Dental Society. He continues to maintain strong affiliation to the University of Toronto as an Associate in Dentistry, where he contributes to the clinical and didactic training of undergraduate and graduate dental students.
How to register:
Please click HERE to pay and register for Dec 6, 2020, 9:00am -12:30 pm
Please note the followings:
- It will take a few days until we can confirm your registration. We will send you the confirmation email.
- The registration will close on Dec 4, 2020 at 12 pm and unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate late requests.
- If you cancel your registration by Dec 1, 2020, there will be a full refund minus $10.00 administration fee. There is no refund for those that would not attend the meeting, or request to cancel after Dec 1, 2020.
To satisfy the RCDSO’s requirement for granting the certificate of attendance, please note the followings:
- Only the registered members can attend the symposium.
- Fifteen minutes after the course starts, we will lock the meeting to prevent anyone new from joining the meeting. If you are late for the session you will not be admitted.
- During the session and to record your attendance, we will be sending polls every 30 minutes that you need to respond to. If you miss more than one poll, you will not be granted the certificate of attendance for that session.
- You need to complete an online assessment at the end of the Core 1 session in order to receive your certificate.