Wed, Jun 09|
Webinar via Zoom.us
A practical Approach to Dentoalveolar Surgery Complication: Prevention, Diagnosis, Management, Pitfalls, Tips and Tricks
By Dr. Abolfazl Ghorbani, FRCD(C), Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Time & Location
Jun 09, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EDT
Webinar via Zoom.us
About the Event
**Registration: Please click here to register for this event.**
CE Points: 2-hour category 2, limited to IODA Gold and paid Silver members only. If you are not a member or wish to upgrade your membership, please click HERE
- Free for IODA Gold members with CE certificate
- Free for IODA silver members without CE certificate
- $20 for IODA silver members with CE certificate (Please click HERE to pay for registration)
How to Register:
- Please click here to register for this event.
- It will take few days until we can approve your registration and send you the confirmation email.
- Please note that registration will close on teh day before the event at 6 pm and unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate late requests.Please submit any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: The age-old saying is, “If you practice long enough, you are bound to have complications.” This is just as true in oral surgery as in other medical fields. The key is understanding how to approach and manage complications when they arise. Exodontia is one of the most common dental procedures that can be associated with complications. These can be common or rare and can occur during or after treatment. Nevertheless, with careful treatment planning and adhering to good surgical techniques and principles, clinicians can minimize the frequency of complications. In addition, early recognition and proper management can help to improve the outcome of procedures.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion, participants will be able to:
1. Evaluate patient better before oral surgical procedure
2. Discuss the risks and benefits of each procedure
3. Prevent the complication before the surgery
4. Diagnose the complications during and after surgery
5. Evaluate their limitation and provide the necessary referral to appropriate specialists
Speaker: Dr. Abolfazl Ghorbani DDS, MSc, FRCD(C) obtained his DDS in 2003 from Guilan University and his specialty training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2010 from Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences. He became recertified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2018 at the University of Toronto. His main areas of interests are clinical evaluation and problem-solving philosophy of existing approaches in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with the purpose of finding new horizons, their optimization and better education to the next generation of Dentists and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. As well as how to make it practical to understand, diagnose and treat the complex Oral and Maxillofacial disease and condition. He is an active member of IAOMS, CAOMS, OSOMS, ITI, RCDSO, ODA and definitely IODA. He is running an active full time private practice at MY SMILE ORAL SURGERY in Richmond Hill and proudly an active member of instructors at Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department (post-grad clinic) of University of Toronto. He is happily married and enjoys his free time traveling, camping and hiking and walking his dog LUCKY .