Thu, Jan 26|
Online over Zoom
Managing endodontic emergencies
Dealing with endodontic emergencies can be overwhelming for the dental team, as patients can be distressed and clinicians may have to accommodate patients in their busy schedules. In addition, diagnosis and treatment of endodontic emergencies may not always be straightforward.
Time & Location
Jan 26, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. EST
Online over Zoom
About the Event
Here is the Zoom Registry link:
Dr. Mello received her DDS degree from the Federal University of Alfenas, Brazil in 1996. In 2000, she completed her residency and Master of Sciences in Endodontics at the University of Sao Paulo. In 2008, she defended her Ph.D. in Dental Sciences in a joint program between the University of Sao Paulo and the University of British Columbia.
She is the Division Head of Endodontics at Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia, Canada. Dr. Mello is an active researcher and has published several papers in peer review journals. She is a board-certified Endodontist and a fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. She is a reviewer for the Journal of Endodontics.
She serves as consulting staff in the Dentistry Department at the IWK children’s hospital in Nova Scotia and maintains a part-time practice in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Lecture Title: Managing endodontic emergencies
Dealing with endodontic emergencies can be overwhelming for the dental team, as patients can be in distress and clinicians may have to accommodate patients in their busy schedules. In addition, diagnosis and treatment of endodontic emergencies may not always be straightforward. Being prepared and knowledgeable can alleviate this stress. This lecture will cover how to diagnose, which procedures to perform, how to control pain, when and what to prescribe, and when a referral is appropriate in endodontic emergencies.
• Identify what is an endodontic emergency
• Know how to conduct an emergency appointment
• Diagnose pulp and apical pathosis involved in an emergency
• Articulate strategies to achieve profound anesthesia
• Decide on appropriate local measures to decrease inflammation (treatment)
• Understand how to manage cases pharmacologically
The date will be Thursday at 7 pm EST. Jan 26th.
CE Points: 2-hour category 2, limited to IODA Gold and paid Silver members only. If you are not a member or wish to upgrade your membership, please click HERE
- Free for IODA Gold members with CE certificate
- Free for IODA silver members without CE certificate
- $20 for IODA silver members with CE certificate (Please click HERE to pay for registration)