Thu, Apr 27|
How to Deal with demanding cases of Oral Implants
Time & Location
Apr 27, 2023, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EDT
About the Event
Zoom Registry link:
Prof. Doctor Raquel Zita Gomes
DMD, PG, MSc, PhD, Oral Surgeon
• Dental Medical Doctor by the Faculty of Dental Medicine of the University of Oporto (FMDUP) (1996-2002)
• Post-graduation in Implantology in Sweden (Bränemark Institute in Gothenburg and Maxilla-Facial Surgery Ward at Västerås Hospital) (2002)
• Specialization Course in Implantology by FMDUP (2003-2006)
• Master's Degree in Implantology by FMDUP (MsC) (2006- 2007)
• Ph.D. degree in the field of Oral Surgery /Implantology at FMDUP (2013-2018)
• Oral surgeon (specialist in oral surgery) by the Portuguese Dental Medical Association (OMD)
• Invited External Teacher to Master and Specialization Course in Oral Rehabilitation (CESPU University, Portugal). Invited lecturer at Upenn (University of Pennsylvania, USA)
• Opinion leader of Bredent Medical Group, MINEC (Megagen International Network of Education and Clinical Research) active member, opinion leader of Bredent Portugal, KOL of Osteobiol Biomaterials, KOL of T-scan (digital assessment of occlusion)
• IFZI (Prof.Lang) academy auxiliary instructor, Active member of BBB (Bone, Biomaterials and Beyond) Academy, ambassador of the Clean Implant Foundation.
• Expert on Dental XP, Oralsurgerytube, MINEC and dentinal tubules educational platforms
• Private practices in Portugal dedicated exclusively to Implantology, advanced oral surgery and rehabilitation.
• Mentor of professional group Follow the RED (dedicated to oral surgery), International leader of the “Divas in Dentistry Project”
• Reviewer of Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research Journal, BMC Oral Health and IJERPH. Editorial board of International Growth Factor and Stem Cells in Dentistry journal.
• Author and co-author of several articles and chapters of books in the Dentistry Field.
• Speaker in more than 30 countries.
• Listed in the Top 100 Dentists in the World 2020 by the Global Interdisciplinary Institute
Implant therapy is a recognized treatment for edentulous areas with long-term success. Nevertheless, in some critical situations, we must use different techniques of advanced oral surgery and bone regeneration to allow the implant placement avoiding damage to critical anatomical structures, like the inferior alveolar nerve (IAN) or the maxillary sinus.
In severe cases of atrophic jaws, we must use specific techniques to solve the clinical cases, like short or tilted implants or even more advanced techniques like sinus lift and filling, extensive GBR, inferior alveolar nerve transposition, trespass or lateralization. Is also very important to know how to deal with and solve complications when treating challenging cases and to prevent failures by utilizing objective criteria for loading protocols.
The goal of the lecture is to explain the different treatment options with oral implants in demanding cases of atrophic jaws and to use some state-of-the-art techniques to help solving some challenging cases with predictable results.
Thursday, April 27th starting at 6:00 PM
1-Knowing the Criteria for predictable loading protocols
2-Understanding the different options to avoid or graft the maxillary sinus for implant placement
3-To explain summarily the different techniques to mobilize the IAN.
4-To clear that all the advanced techniques for implant placement have specific indications and good results when performed correctly.
CE Points: 2-hour category 2, limited to IODA Gold and paid Silver members only. If you are not a member or wish to upgrade your membership, please click HERE
- Free for IODA Gold members with CE certificate
- Free for IODA silver members without CE certificate
- $20 for IODA silver members with CE certificate (Please click HERE to pay for registration)