Wed, Feb 17|
Webinar via Zoom.us
The Link between Oral Health & Overall (General) Health
Speaker: Dr. Dorna Mojdami, HBSc., DDS, PhD Candidate
Time & Location
Feb 17, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
Webinar via Zoom.us
About the Event
CE Points: 2-hour category 2, limited to IODA Gold and paid Silver members only. If you are not a member or wish to upgrade your membership, please click HERE
- Free for IODA Gold members with CE certificate
- Free for IODA silver members without CE certificate
- $20 for IODA silver members with CE certificate (Please click HERE to pay for registration)
How to Register:
<<<<<-Please click HERE to register for this event>>>>>
- It will take few days until we can approve your registration and send you the confirmation email.
- Please note that registration will close on the day before the event at 6 pm and unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate late requests.Please submit any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: Oral health is multi-faceted and therefore does not occur in isolation but is embedded in the wider framework of overall health. Therefore, it is important for dental practitioners to become better acquainted with both some well-established and up and coming correlations between oral and overall health within the recent literature and to provide the appropriate care and treatment that takes into consideration these correlations.
Learning objectives: Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- understand the linkage/correlation between oral and overall health, specifically oral infection and systemic disease.
- become familiar with common systemic diseases associated with oral health.
- learn about recommendations as to how to treat patients with oral infections that are correlated to certain systemic diseases or conditions.
Speaker Bio: Dr. Mojdami obtained her Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) from the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at the University of Western Ontario. From there, she entered into private practice and practiced general dentistry until 2016 when she started the Dental Public Health Speciality Program at the University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry. She is currently completing her PhD in Dental Public Health with her thesis research focus on the effect of radiation therapy on the oral innate immune response and oral microbiome in head and neck cancer patients at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. Dr. Mojdami continues to practice general dentistry part-time and teaches a lecture on this topic to IDAPP students as well as a lecture on studies on therapy to Undergraduate and Graduate students at the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto. Dr. Mojdami is a co-founder of the Iranian Ontario Dental Association (IODA), established in 2014 and is currently the chair of the Public Affairs Committee of the IODA.